38 Questions to Ask Your Wedding DJ
Hiring a wedding DJ is an important step in planning a wedding. The right wedding DJ can keep the energy up at the reception and make sure the entertainment is exactly what you’re looking for, especially keeping guests on the dance floor. Many considerations come up when finding the right match, like personality, style, song selection, and price. Sure, finding multiple options is easy thanks to the Internet, but vetting them to find YOUR wedding DJ is no small feat, which is why we got with DJ Terrence Harris of Nashville, Tennessee for the ultimate interview guide. We recommend narrowing down your vendor options to 3 to 5 and then getting to the interview questions, by the time you’re finished, we’re certain you’ll find your match and be ready to rock! Without further ado we give you DJ Terrence Harris’ Ultimate Wedding DJ Interview Guide:
- Do you offer a written contract?
- Are you a company with multiple DJs or will you be one DJ?
- If multiple, will we meet our DJ before we sign a contract?
- Will you hold my date for a day, week or few weeks?
- Do you work exclusively for this entertainment company?
- How long have you been a DJ, and how many weddings have you done?
- How many weddings do you do each year?
- Do you do other type of events?
- Will I be your priority on my wedding day or do you have several events on any given day?
- What makes you different from your competitors?
- Have you provided your services at our reception site before?
- Do you make all announcements?
- What is your attire for weddings?
- How would you define your “style” when making announcements?
- How do you respond when the dance floor is empty?
- Do you have backup coverage in case you cannot make it on the day-of?
- Do you bring backup equipment?
- Can we see you live at your next event?
- Will you play my requests?
- Can guests make requests?
- Do you have any references?
- Do you obtain your music legally?
- How involved can we be in selecting music for our event?
- How long before the wedding date is my song list due?
- Do you accept a “Do Not Play” list?
- How early do you arrive to set up for our wedding?
- How much is your deposit?
- What is included in your cost?
- How much do you charge for overtime?
- Should we include you in the meal headcount?
- Are you insured?
- Do you take any breaks?
- What is your policy on alcohol or smoking during the wedding?
- What kind of equipment do you use?
- Are microphones available for our toasts?
- Do you provide dance floor lights?
- Do you have a banner or advertise your business during events?
- Are you a member of any entertainment associations?
About DJ Terrence Harris
DJ Terrence Harris is a Professional DJ and Professional MC, providing superior entertainment to clients in Nashville, Tennessee. Connect with him by visiting djterrenceharris.com.
This Article is from the Celebrate Weddings MagazineSee the Current Issue