Real Wedding Submissions
Submit Your Real Wedding Story
All real wedding submissions will be considered for our blog and magazine Celebrate Weddings.
Things to know:
- There is no cost to submit.
- There is a three (3) month exclusivity to all weddings, so we ask that if you know you’ve been selected, then please do not submit elsewhere at least for three (3) months after we’ve published it.
One question we’re always asked is what type of weddings we’re looking for, and the answer is simple: We’re looking for the wedding that’s a true celebration — of their love story, of blending families, of finally tying the knot, of starting their forever together. So if it screams “celebration,” then it’s a wedding we’d like to check out, because it’s for us. With that being said, we are an equal opportunity publication and accept all weddings — whether they were small and intimate backyard weddings or more extravagant ballroom weddings, and everything in between.
How to submit:
The couple themselves or one of their vendors may submit their wedding on their behalf. We do not move forward without notifying the couple first though, receiving their consent for publication, and learning more details about their wedding. Therefore, advanced couple permission must be obtained by vendor submitting the real wedding. If a wedding is submitted, permission will be considered obtained. For the images, we require the photographer’s gallery link.
We do ask a few things when you submit:
- The wedding occurred within the last year.
- Images are not individual attachments, but rather the photographer’s link. We will not accept individual attachments and all submissions containing attachments will be deleted and not considered.
- All images are non-watermarked.
- Due to sizing, we do not accept video attachments or links to videos.
- Oh and don’t forget to credit every vendor that participated in making the day fabulous (from the hair and makeup artist to the ceremony and reception music).
Our review process:
Submissions are reviewed on an ongoing basis and you will be notified via email if your real wedding has been chosen. We love each and every wedding and enjoy reviewing your submissions, however, due to a high volume of submissions, we cannot respond to each submission. We also cannot guarantee publication. If you do not receive an email, then that means unfortunately your wedding was not chosen due to timing, limited space availability, or the like.
- Should the photos be vertical or horizontal that I submit? Both work!
- Can I edit my submission even though I already submitted it? Absolutely! From the time in which you submit, you have a two week (14-day) period when you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with revision requests. Note, it’s a strict 14-day period because we begin reviewing submissions as soon as we receive them, and try our best to post/publish them soon after.
- Will I be notified when my wedding has been posted/published? Yes! Whether your wedding is chosen for our blog, magazine, or both, you and your vendors will be notified when it goes live, allowing you to check it out and share it as you will. Don’t forget to tag us. :)
- I’m a vendor, so is there a badge I can place on my website or in email signature showing my work was featured? There is! If you are featured in Celebrate Weddings Magazine, there is a badge you can proudly showcase so viewers can see you have been featured. Email requests for the badge should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line “Feature Badge” and we will send it over.
By submitting features for consideration to Wedding Day Match and Celebrate Weddings Magazine, you confirm and agree that:
- You are requesting consideration for your feature submission on our blog, magazine publication, including electronic publications, promotional literature, advertising, and media and/or other similar ways, as well as social media accounts;
- Your submission, and subsequent publication as may be applicable, is non-exclusive;
- Your submission is freely given, without expecting payment;
- You understand that there is no guarantee of acceptance and subsequent publication or use of your submission information or materials;
- If selected, you will be notified in writing via email at the address supplied by you, prior to publication;
- Prior to publication, you may be obligated to sign a Photo Consent or License to Publish, as applicable;
- If we accept your submission and do not receive all necessary paperwork and/or materials within thirty (30) days, we will not be able to move forward with publication;
- All information that you have entered into this submission is correct at the time of submission;
- You grant consent to allow us to edit your submission for length, tone, and clarity, as may be appropriate;
- No other person nor entity has any copyright interest in the submission, and if they do, you provide us with the contact details of said person (e.g., photographer) so we may obtain their consent as well;
- You are further responsible for making sure all participating vendors are all in agreement with your intention to submit;
- You assume responsibility or ownership of it is a copyrighted work, and release Wedding Day Match and all its affiliates, respective employees, officers and agents from any and all liability which may arise from the use of such photographs and information; and